‘After the last 6 months of tenderness this retreat with Scott Johnson will reimagine what it means to come together again through the lens of Ashtanga Yoga and Mindfulness. Join us as we learn to wake up together again….’
Waking Up To Life with Scott Johnson –
A 6 Day Ashtanga yoga and Mindfulness Intensive at Yoga in Salento
SEPTEMBER 12 – 19
Description of the retreat
As we reimagine a coming together after the last 6 months of tenderness in the world we will take a deep look into the combined practices of Ashtanga yoga and mindfulness to see how waking up can happen now, in this time, and not some far off place in the future…
The retreat will include:
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Pranayama/breathing techniques
- Ashtanga yoga – Self practice and guided classes
- Movement technique.
What you will gain from the retreat:
Over the intensive you will be led toward an understanding of your personal yogic process and how it pertains to your life. We will see that yoga is a myriad of teachings and practices but at its base it is reflected in the mind, the breath, the body and language. It also relates directly and significantly to our own life and grows out of relationship in all there forms.
Seeing how all these connect together you will receive a sense of what it means to wake up, in your life, through the practice of yoga.
The retreat includes:
3 Hours x 6 morning classes
2.5 Hours x 3 afternoon classes
There will be instruction and guidance in:
ashtanga yoga guided and self practice classes
Over the 6 days this will evolve into a fluid experience so that the last day blends from one practice into another.
3 x 2.5 Hour Afternoon sessions
Technique and Philosophy
Looking at the underpinning techniques behind the Ashtanga yoga method.
- The Movement principles of Surya Namaskar
- Weight dynamics in standing postures
- Breath, Banda. How to practice safely in all areas of asana, with awareness.
Over the 3 afternoons we will unpack how:
- The first 3 sutras of Patanjali show us the pathway of yoga.
- How the philosophy of classical yoga is the Samkhya Philosophy and how that evolves as a way of seeing the world.
- The 5 Kleshas are what stops us from seeing clearly.
- The Ashtanga yoga eight limbed path is the method that unveils wisdom in our life time.
- We will be left with how to see our yoga practice through the lens of sutra 1.20. We will then see that we are practically almost there, through Mukunda Stiles translation of 1.21.
Our procedures have been strengthened and we have put in place
all the necessary measures to welcome you with complete peace of mind.
We present here our health and safety measures.
- Increased cleaning, of common areas and surfaces frequently touched by clients and team members.
- Installation of protective glass in the reception area
- Temperature checks at check-in
- Addition of bottles of hydro alcoholic gel for everyone outside the reception, the restaurant, and the yoga rooms.
- Wearing masks by all members of our team.
- Updated instructions and procedures for all team members: general hygiene standards and instructions on hand disinfection
- We encourage the use of personal mats, alternatively ours are available for sale.
- The props are all sanitized and can be hired
- The yoga rooms are sanitized after each use
Ask for any
The YIS retreat centre is located in Zollino, in the heart of the Salento. Twenty minutes from both coasts and from cultural centres such as Lecce, Otranto and Gallipoli.
Our yoga retreats are also an opportunity to get together, share good moments, pamper yourself and enjoy the beauty of the Salento in a peaceful environment. Give yourself an energetic recharge through vegan and vegetarian organic food, eco-sustainable tourism and relaxation in our spaces.
Our staff are at your disposal for the entire duration of the retreat to advise you about the must–see places in the Salento, organise excursions, guided tours, gastronomic tours, transfers, rentals and anything else to make your stay enjoyable.
Book this retreat now
Our retreats take place at Agricola Samadhi, a unique organic farmhouse because it proposes something more than just recreation.
In this charming oasis, the lifestyle revolves around well being: you can combine your stay with a SPA, Ayurvedic consultations and treatments, and a wide range of massages and more.
You can regain your well being through a variety of top–level yoga classes. There is also a SPA Healing Centre and the HQ of YIS, Yoga In Salento, a European leader in yoga retreats, for years a favourite destination of the best internationally renowned teachers in the world.
An energy recharge and psycho–physical well being will be the most precious gifts of your stay that you’ll take home with you, together with the new friendships you’ve made during the retreat.
BOOK YOUR STAY
7 vegetarian dinners
double, single or shared rooms
A very wide swimming pool and beautiful gardens
Spa Healing Center. Treatments and massages on request
Yoga In Salento - ritiri yoga, corsi di yoga Lecce
Via Stazione, 116, 73010 Zollino LE, Italy
Scott Johnson has over 17 years of experience with Ashtanga Yoga. He is the co-founder and director at Stillpoint Yoga London which he established in 2009. Scott has taught Ashtanga Yoga there almost daily since Stillpoint opened. He was introduced to the practice of Ashtanga yoga by John Scott in 2002 and has studied deeply with him, Lucy Crawford and Manju Jois since then, dedicating himself to the practice while working and raising a family.
He is authorised to teach the primary and intermediate series of ashtanga yoga by Manju Jois and has a deep connection to the ancient practices of pranayama and vedic chanting that Manju shares. Scott has also undergone extensive Mindfulness training under the tutelage of Cathy Mae Keralse at Clear Mind International, gaining their level 3 certificate in Mindfulness and Compassion.
Scott is co-founder and one of the directors of Amāyu Yoga (est. 2018), a first of its kind organisation dedicated to educating Ashtanga teachers around power dynamics and consent driven, student centred approaches to the teaching and practice of Ashtanga Yoga.
Scott teaches with encouragement, insight and integrity to the teachings of yoga and mindfulness that he has had access to. His deep love of the contemplative side of these practice creates a rich, nurturing environment and he is deeply dedicated to the healing power of yoga and mindfulness in the people that he is fortunate to meet. His devotion and dedication to these practices assists practitioners in discovering how contemplative practice can unfold not only personally on the mat, but also find meaning in the wider context of daily life.
Feel free to ask for any further info
Fill in the form with your questions, we will answer you as soon as possible