Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training
300 Hour in Italy 2020
October 17, 2020 – November 13, 2020
Description of the retreat
OVERVIEW: PREREQUISITES BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Establish a regular asana practice.
- Submit full payment.
- Complete all required forms within your online application. (including Ethical Guidelines form, Teacher Certification Agreement and Medical Information Form)
- Complete the required reading. (see READ sections)
- Submit 5 Spiritual Commentaries. (see READ + WRITE section)
- Memorize the Jivamukti Balancing Class (vol.6) and the Jivamukti Back Bending class (vol.7), found in the Jivamukti CD/DVD Portable collection. Transcribe these classes and bring your typed/written transcriptions with you to the course.
- Bring the books Jivamukti Yoga, Yoga Assists and The Magic Ten and Beyond with you to the course; (available in ebook and on Kindle) you do not need to bring the other books. If English is not your native language, you may want to consider buying and bringing/downloading a basic anatomy text in your native language.
- Prepare yourself for the course as if you are preparing to teach Jivamukti Yoga – even if you are not intending on teaching and are taking the course as a means to deepen your practice and understanding. This is a teacher training –it is not a yoga “retreat.”
READ + WRITE
Read the following books / texts and write one paragraph for each book describing something you learned from it. Write your commentary as if it were to be given as a spiritual teaching in a yoga class you would teach. The purpose of the exercise is to see that you have read the book and reflected on it. Do not use direct quotations from the book or from any other source, except at most a very brief phrase if absolutely necessary to make your point.
- Jivamukti Yoga by Sharon Gannon and David Life (buy online)
- Yoga and Vegetarianism by Sharon Gannon (buy online)
- The Journey Home: Autobiography of an American Swami by Radhanath Swami (buy online) OR Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (buy online) (either one)
- The Magic Ten and Beyond by Sharon Gannon (buy online)
- Focus of the Month (choose one from the current calendar year or the immediately preceding calendar year; to be found here ).
Spiritual Commentary guideline:
- Length: one paragraph, no longer than 500 words.
- Font: Arial or Times New Roman, 10 point, single-spaced, not bolded.
- Title: Print the title of the book immediately above your paragraph commentary for that book.
- Language: Write all commentaries either in german or in english language.
- Form: Put ALL commentaries one after the other on one single page. If your texts extend 1 page, use max. 2 pages.
- Name: Include your name on the top of the page, or if using two pages then on the top of each page.
- Filename: use “jytt_year(of TT)_country(of TT)_surname_firstname” as filename (e.g. “jytt_2019_india_doe_john”)
- Please retain a copy for your own records.
Spiritual Commentaries need to be submitted at least 2 days before the Training via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
READ ONLY (NO COMMENTARIES)
- Yoga Assists by Sharon Gannon and David Life (buy online)
- Textbook of Yoga Psychology (Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra) by Ramamurti Mishra
- Hathayoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
- The Bhagavad Gita by Winthrop Sargeant
- 7:00am – 7:45am Breakfast
- 8:00am – 12:00pm Class Time
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm Mentor Group Meeting
- 12:45pm – 1:45pm Lunch
- 2:00pm – 6:00pm Class Time
- 6:00pm – 7:30pm Dinner
- 8:00pm – 11:00pm Satsang
Il centro YIS si trova a Zollino, nel cuore del Salento. A venti minuti da entrambe le coste e dalle principali città quali Lecce, Otranto e Gallipoli.
I nostri ritri yoga sono anche l’occasione per ritrovarsi, farsi del bene, coccolarsi e godere delle bellezze del Salento lontani dalla confusione. Una ricarica energetica tramite un percorso che passa per l’alimentazione vegana e vegetariana, il verde bio, il turismo ecosostenibile, il relax nei nostri spazi.
La reception della tenuta è a vostra disposizione per tutta la durata del ritiro per consigliarvi i luoghi e le affascinanti località del Salento, organizzare escursioni, visite guidate, tour enogastronomici, transfer, noleggi e quant’altro possa rendere il vostro ritiro indimenticabile.
I nostri ritiri hanno sede all’interno di Agricola Samadhi, un agriturismo biologico unico nel suo genere perché propone qualcosa di più di un semplice svago.
In questa oasi di grande fascino tutto ruota intorno al benessere: potrai unire al tuo soggiorno un percorso SPA, consulenze e trattamenti di Ayurveda, un’ampia gamma di massaggi e trattamenti.
Potrai riappropriarti del tuo benessere con un’ampia varietà di proposte yoga di altissimo livello. All’interno dell’agriturismo è presente la SPA Healing Center e la sede del centro YIS, Yoga In Salento, leader in Europa nel settore, da anni meta prediletta dei migliori maestri di fama internazionale provenienti da tutto il mondo.
Ricarica energetica e benessere psicofisico saranno i doni più preziosi che riporterai a casa insieme alle tue valigie e alle ricche esperienze che caratterizzano i soggiorni.
PRENOTA IL TUO SOGGIORNO
7 cene vegetariane
1 prima colazione
camere doppie, singole o condivise
Ampia piscina e meravigliosi giardini
Spa Healing Center. Trattamenti e massaggi su richiesta
Camilla’s first encounter with yoga was as a young child when she observed her mother in odd positions while doing breathing exercises on the living room floor at home. The fascination for yoga started already then!
Camilla has practiced yoga since the spring of 2000, and received the 300- hour certification as Jivamukti Yoga Teacher in the fall of 2003. She is an Advanced Certified Jivamukti Teacher and is currently one of the facilitators of the Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training program. Through her passion and confidence, Camilla has influenced many Jivamukti students on their path to becoming teachers and continues to galvanize the growing Jivamukti community in Scandavania and Europe.
Camilla founded Atha Yoga in Stavanger, Norway in 2005. 12 years later, in 2017, Atha Yoga was transformed into a certified Jivamukti Yoga Center, and is now Jivamukti Yoga Stavanger. Camilla is the director of the center where she is also responsible for the faculty and the yoga program. She teaches Jivamukti yoga classes and workshops in Norway and Internationally.
It is the holistic perspective of Jivamukti Yoga that appeals to Camilla – with equal emphasis on the spiritual and mental aspects of yoga as well as the physical components. She is eternally grateful for all the inspiration, encouragement and love that she gets from her teachers, Sharon Gannon and David Life.
Olga Oskorbina – Facilitator
Olga Oskorbina is founder and owner of Jivamukti Yoga Barcelona which she opened with her husband in 2015. She is an 800 hour Advanced Certified Jivamukti yoga teacher, mentors at Jivamukti Teacher trainings and leads apprentices through their 800 hour apprenticeships.
Olga’s classes are known for their intense but graceful sequences, for her love and knowledge of yoga philosophy and for her attention to each of her students. Her background in dance have provided her with rhythm, dedication and determination. Olga studies and practices NLP and goes to yearly Vipassana courses.
Ian Szydlowski-Alvarez – Mentor
Currently active teacher program director at Jivamukti Yoga Paris, scheduled to open in March 2020.
I hope to inspire and serve others by offering an integrated practice and experience of Yoga as I have practiced and understood it from my teachers. Yoga practice not only as an instrument towards liberation– but as liberation in itself – as taught in the exciting tradition of Jivamukti Yoga. I Love practicing and teaching Jivamukti. Over many years I attended classes as a student at the center in New York, and this was my daily ritual that complemented my life there for so long I always want to share that love. I am indebted to all my teachers and masters over the years, especially my mentor Rima Rabbath who ultimately showed me such dedication and service that she has inspired me to follow on this path as best I may. May yoga can be a tool to help us learn to be more receptive in order to nourish our highest potential! Yoga asana not only transforms the physical body, and can lead to radiant health, but working with the other limbs of Yoga can purify our subtlest form and prepare us to be a better vehicle, a better servant, to make of ourselves like a light like the Buddha has said.
Moritz Ulrich – Sanskrit and Anatomy
Co-Director Peace Yoga Berlin – Jivamukti Yoga School, Advanced certified Jivamukti Yoga Teacher, Facilitator and Anatomy Teacher of Internation Jivamukti TTC Medical Doctor
After having practiced almost daily for several years and having studied with different teachers from all Yoga traditions Moritz decided to start teaching Yoga. This was over 10 years ago; even while studying at a Berlin Music College he was enthusiastic in sharing his knowledge.
Visiting the Jivamukti Yoga Center in Munich he realized where he belongs. The love, the strength and the unlimited knowledge of Sharon Gannon (founder of the Jivamukti Yoga Method) inspired him to dive deep into the path of Yoga. He completed therefore the Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training in NYC with his teachers Sharon Gannon and David Life and the 500h Apprenticeship Program with Dr. Patrick Broome in Berlin.
Followed be the Advanced Certification Board in NYC. He is teaching workshops all over Germany and Europe, is part of the international Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Trainings as a facilitator, and is the program director of the continuing education programs at his Jivamukti Yoga School in Berlin.
Richiedi maggiori informazioni
Compila il form con le tue richieste, ti risponderemo al più presto