* Receive 40 hours of continuing education credit through the Yoga Alliance with this business training course *
Aligned With Purpose
40 Hour Yoga Business Training with Jess Rose
10 – 17 OCTOBER, 2020
Description of the retreat
Yoga and business are not an obvious combination.
If you are like most new yoga teachers, you graduated from your 200 hour teacher training inspired and ready to share your passion for yoga with the world. Sadly, many yoga teachers give up once they realize that stepping into the studio to teach doesn’t necessarily pay the bills. Being a successful yoga teacher means becoming the entrepreneur and CEO of your own personal brand. It means learning how to market yourself and your teachings to the exact group of students who want what you have to offer.
This doesn’t have to go against your principles as a yogi or feel inauthentic or unnatural. Having business smarts is the only way to keep your dream job AND be able to pay the bills.
With some business basics in your toolkit, you will be able to support yourself while being the change you wish to see in the world. With the right mix of yoga training and business acumen, you will be aligned with your purpose as a yoga teacher and empowered to thrive in your yoga business.
If you are passionate about teaching yoga but disinterested in, unsure about, or even afraid of the various business aspects of being a professional yoga teacher, this training was designed for you.
This training will cover:
- Business essentials for all professional yoga teachers
- How to identify your money blocks and work through them
- Which platforms will help grow your yoga business and how
- How to outline and organize the various aspects of your yoga business with ease
- Creating a stand-out CV and applying for jobs
- The ins-and-outs of marketing yourself with authenticity on social media
- Using social media to fill your classes and sell your events
- Why yoga teachers need email marketing and how to grow your list
- How to find your niche and create a supportive, dedicated community around your offerings
- Essential tools for creating your unique brand with fonts, colors, text, and image
- The most effective ways to promote local classes, workshops, retreats, and other events
- How to advertise your events on Facebook, Instagram, and Google, both organically and as paid ads
- How to take and use eye-catching pictures that relate directly to your brand and offerings
- The power of video in creating connection with your audience
- Project planning for class series, workshops, retreats, and online classes
- Website essentials – choosing a platform, implementing your branding, and creating a great website
Please bring your laptop to the training, as we will jump right in and workshop the techniques covered in the discussions.
Not only will we cover key elements of starting and maintaining your yoga business, but we will workshop the lessons with daily hands-on labs and some self-paced “homework.” These labs will help you implement the skills and techniques immediately and get a jump start on your yoga business before you even leave the training. Jess will be there to help guide you through the startup or development of your business and tackle any questions that arise.
- Hands-on training labs
- One-on-one support from Jess in developing your yoga business and brand
- 6 full days of training including morning asana practice and 2 daily group business sessions / workshops
Sunday October 11 – Friday, October 16, 2020
- 8:00 – 9:30 Morning Asana Practice
- 9:30 – 10:30 Breakfast
- 10:30 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 1:30 Session I
- 1:30 – 2:30 Lunch
- 2:30 – 3:30 Break
- 3:30 – 6:00 Session II
- 7:00 Dinner
Ask for any
The YIS retreat centre is located in Zollino, in the heart of the Salento. Twenty minutes from both coasts and from cultural centres such as Lecce, Otranto and Gallipoli.
Our yoga retreats are also an opportunity to get together, share good moments, pamper yourself and enjoy the beauty of the Salento in a peaceful environment. Give yourself an energetic recharge through vegan and vegetarian organic food, eco-sustainable tourism and relaxation in our spaces.
Our staff are at your disposal for the entire duration of the retreat to advise you about the must–see places in the Salento, organise excursions, guided tours, gastronomic tours, transfers, rentals and anything else to make your stay enjoyable.
Book this retreat now
Our retreats take place at Agricola Samadhi, a unique organic farmhouse because it proposes something more than just recreation.
In this charming oasis, the lifestyle revolves around well being: you can combine your stay with a SPA, Ayurvedic consultations and treatments, and a wide range of massages and more.
You can regain your well being through a variety of top–level yoga classes. There is also a SPA Healing Centre and the HQ of YIS, Yoga In Salento, a European leader in yoga retreats, for years a favourite destination of the best internationally renowned teachers in the world.
An energy recharge and psycho–physical well being will be the most precious gifts of your stay that you’ll take home with you, together with the new friendships you’ve made during the retreat.
BOOK YOUR STAY
6 lunches per week
7 dinners per week
7 breakfasts per week
double, single or shared rooms
A very wide swimming pool and beautiful gardens
Spa Healing Center. Treatments and massages on request
Jess has trained multiple groups of teachers in the practice of alignment-based vinyasa and hatha yoga, yin, and restorative yoga. She is passionate about sharing her knowledge of up-to-date movement principles with her students in a fun and joyful way. Driven to understand the wisdom of yoga philosophy and meditation, Jess has undergone multiple pilgrimages to India to study with master teachers in Vipassana meditation, Vedanta, and the Sutras, and she shares these profound insights and practices with her students in her teacher training programs. She will take you step by step through the techniques and principles you will need in order to understand and integrate a modern approach to asana, so that your practice and teachings come from a place of applied learning and internal experience. Jess’ goal is to help you find your authentic creativity as a teacher – one who is able to plan, sequence and deliver powerfully unique and inspiring classes with confidence.
Jess has been featured on the Yoga Teacher Resource Podcast and the Business of Yoga Speaker Series and has been interviewed and published in Elephant Journal, San Francisco Yoga Magazine, and DoYouYoga.
You can practice with her online on DoYouYoga.com and YogiApproved.com.
Feel free to ask for any further info
Fill in the form with your questions, we will answer you as soon as possible